Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day

For real, no sarcasm this time. We started the day with some canned cinnamon rolls and Nick told me I was the best mom ever (or something like that). It’s amazing how such a little thing will make him so happy.

valentines5

Even Ben got in on the sweet breakfast action.

valentines6

Then, while the boys were eating I got their presents ready (I’m just as bad at Valentine’s as Mike – I had just bought the stuff the day before). But, they loved it just the same.

valentines1

valentines2

valentines3

Love how everyone looks like they are getting along.

valentines4

Then it was off to school and work and daycare for a normal day (except that the older boys got to pass out their cards and get jacked up on too much sugar before coming home). After dinner my mom, dad and sister stopped by to drop off presents for the boys. There were more Skittles (their all-time favorite)

valentines7

and new t-shirts and other fun little things. My mom is way better at this than I am. valentines10

And Benny even got some new cool stuff. Look at that adorable little smile.

valentines9

And this one just kills me.

valentines8

The boys were very happy for everything they got today. Can’t you tell?

valentines11

I give Nick ‘til second grade before he is as big as my mom (and therefore two of my sisters, too).