This little man is getting too big, too fast. With Nick I was super anxious for him to do everything. He was my first and if he didn’t do everything on the early end of the spectrum (which he didn’t) I was worried about his development. Now, I’m a seasoned mom who just wants my last baby to stay a baby a little while longer. But, Ben isn’t having anything to do with that. He wants to make sure he catches up with the big boys as soon as possible and it’s making me a little sad.
At 6 months, Ben is:
- Still drinking about 6 ounces of milk every three to four hours. He is also eating a little bit of rice cereal at lunch. We will start “food” after he goes to the pediatrician later this month.
- Is sleeping like a champ unless he is sick. When his nose gets stuffed he wakes regularly and takes awhile to settle back down. However, if his nose is clear he is sleeping through the night or waking only once for a couple seconds of cuddling.
- a mover and a shaker. He can roll wherever he wants to go and has been found up on his knees and elbows trying to figure out how to move even faster. It is only a matter of time before he truly starts to crawl. *tear*
- talking all the time. He will lay on the floor and babble to himself or anyone else who will listen. He is seriously the happiest baby around. The only time he cries is when he is tired or hungry.
- growing out of 9 month clothes. I didn’t have very many 9 month winter clothes from the other boys so I tried the 12 months on him. They are only a little bit big so we are just going with it. It seems so odd to see him in jeans and real shirts instead of 1-piece outfits and onesies.
- getting very chubby. His little legs are full of rolls and I love each and every one of them. I don’t even know how many chins he has anymore.
- still drooling like crazy but has yet to cut any teeth. He chews on anything and everything, including his toes (which I love). It’s amazing that even with all of that chub he can still get his toes into his mouth.
- still as cute as can be. I just can’t get enough of him!!
Of course Zander had to join in the fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment