Our only full day at the hotel started like this. Zander of course was up before the sun. Nick finally rolled out of bed about 8:15. The water didn’t get turned on until 9 and since we had a poolside room the boys were keeping a close eye on it.
They tried to keep busy. Nick found an ideal place to play the iPad. I was a little grossed out, but he didn’t mind.
Unfortunately, Zander woke up with a lovely case of pink eye. So, April was kind enough to keep Nick for me (it was paybacks for last year when I watched Mya while she got their blown tire fixed) so I could take Zander (and Ben) to the nearest walk-in clinic. We waited about an hour to see the doctor, who told me what I already knew. Oh, and that Zander had an ear infection, too. Two for the price of one. Score.
Back at the hotel Ben upgraded to the bigger blanket and we added some pillows. Hotel floors have absolutely no give.
Since Mya and Nick had already spent the morning in the water we went to the arcade after I got back to pass the time until the guys got back from their race and we could get some lunch.
Nick was stoked that he won all these tickets playing one game.
He wasn’t so happy when I said we had to turn them in to get a prize. He whined and cried and refused so I let him keep them.
Zander was happy to redeem his tickets for the little trinkets behind the counter.
After lunch I went shopping with April and Ben while the boys and Mya napped and played in the pool. We all chilled poolside until dinner and again after dinner until bedtime. Mike’s high school friend and his wife stopped by for just a few minutes and we got to meet their little girl for the first time, too.
I love that Nick was trying to help Zander (even though that kid had no fear in the water).
After the pool we played a few games of Uno before calling it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment