Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Eight years. Thirteen if you count all the years we dated. We’ve been together quite a long time by today’s standards. Our relationship is far from perfect, but it’s pretty normal. Mike’s in San Jose today so we didn’t get to celebrate (not that dinner with three kids in tow is really a big party or anything). However, he did send me a dozen roses to commemorate the day. I have to admit I was quite surprised (in part because I had forgot it was our anniversary until he called that morning – I had a few other things on my mind, what with getting myself and three kids out the door). I do believe this is the first, maybe the second, time he has ever sent me flowers at work. I can’t blame him, though. From the beginning I made it clear I wasn’t a flower kind of girl. I let it slide today, mostly because it was nice to know he was thinking about me even though he wasn’t here. Happy Anniversary, honey. Here’s to many more.

anniversary

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Happy Anniversary! How sweet of him to remember (when you didn't....of course that was just a fleeting moment. You would have remembered later)