Saturday, January 8, 2011

Making headway

This is embarassing. That's all there is to it. I'm by no means a great housekeeper but my house is usually picked up and mostly clean. Except the basement. It's a nightmare. And it's mostly my fault. The basement becomes a holding spot for all the toys and clothes the boys have outgrown, the pieces of furniture that no longer have a place upstairs and who knows what else. Then, add into the mess a stack of boxes and Rubbermaids from the rooms we emptied to get carpet and it was a recipe for disaster. And it was driving me nuts (apparently the nesting instinct is kicking in a little sooner than usual). This is what my basement looked like Saturday morning.


Yeah, it was that bad. And the rest of it wasn't much better.




But, after just a few hours I could see some serious improvement.


OK, maybe not here, but how about this?




Unfortunately, my pregnant back wouldn't allow me to do any more work on the basement. Or anywhere else for that matter. Seriously. I don't think I did anything else all day. But, hey, two hours of hard work is pretty good for a pregnant women home alone with two young kids. I'll take it.

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Is that a puppet show thingy there in blue?

emilyc said...

Yes, it's a puppet theater. We rarely, if ever, use it for a theater though. The boys use it as a trash bin (pretend, of course), a store (using my stockpile) and god knows what else.