Friday, January 14, 2011

Home at last

After all the trouble getting Mike out of the state I was a little worried about the return flight home. Thankfully, that went off without a hitch. I left work a little early today, grabbed the kids and some lunch. Mike called just as we were pulling away from McDonalds and said they were closing the door to the plane on what was supposed to be a very short flight. So, we skipped heading home for lunch and went directly to the airport. Thankfully the airport kept the lounge area with tables when the restaurant closed.




The kids ate well (after two trips to the bathroom) but then were antsy and anxious waiting another 30 to 45 minutes for the plane to actually land. They passed the time by running around, sprawling on the chairs and floor and just plain driving me crazy. I was pretty excited to see the plane land, but I'm guessing it was for all the wrong reasons.





Nick has met Mike at the airport a few times since he has been old enough to walk and everytime he has failed to do that whole run and jump on you thing because he misses you so much. He's a bit of an introvert in that way. But, after seeing his younger brother take the lead he didn't want to be left out of those first few hugs and took off for Mike too. I felt kind of bad for the people coming out behind him!






I'm pretty sure they are happy he is home. I know I sure am!

No comments: