Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm so lucky

I thought Nick was the easiest child to potty train. He had only a handful (if that) of accidents and was sleeping in underwear overnight within a week. I was prepared for a battle with Zander. First, I figured I couldn't have two kids that were easy to train and second Zander is my wild child. He's stubborn, strong-willed and just so darn cute that sometimes I can't resist him. So, imagine my surprise when just a week after we started potty training him (we've kind of tried in the past, but the attempts never lasted more than a couple hours) he was completely trained. Other than a few accidents at daycare (he likes to poop during naptime) he has been completely dry --- even through the night --- since Friday afternoon. He even cried when I tried to put him in a diaper for naptime on Saturday and again when I put him in a diaper for bed. I admit, I caved at naptime, but I held strong for two nights on the overnight. He woke up dry both mornings and has been dry overnight ever since. Seriously, I'm scared to see what No. 3 brings. I can't be this lucky forever!