Friday, July 16, 2010

Rainbow art

Another quick art project, this time stolen from Confessions of a Homeschooler. The boys love finger painting, but are always game to try something new (well Nick is anyway, Zander still just likes making the biggest mess possible). Anyway, I found this rainbow/pencil eraser art on the Confessions site and thought it might be fun. So I printed out the rainbow from Making Learning Fun and let the boys get to work. I gave them each a pencil and a couple straws (another stolen idea from Deborah at Teach Preschool).

Nick liked the idea of painting with a pencil eraser and straws.


Zander liked getting messy.


They both liked painting the rainbows, though Nick decided to make the project his own and instead of using the pencil or straws to do a single color row he made each row with a few different colors. The kid has always been a bit of an ecletic/abstract artist, so I really wasn't surprised.




And then they went back to their usual messy way of finger painting. I'm pretty sure at one point Nick told me he was rubbing the paint into his hands like lotion. Welcome to my world where boys reign supreme.

2 comments:

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

That's awesome! We always end up with paint all over our hands too, drives me crazy, but the kids love it.

Deborah Stewart said...

Too cute - thanks for sharing this with me! I love how you make ideas your own:) Keep up the great work and blog!