Monday, July 5, 2010

Busy day

It was another rainy day (never fails on holiday weekends) but we made the most of our day off! Nick started the day feeling a little crafty so I tried to find an art project. He wanted to make flowers like the fake ones in a vase in my room. We tried. The glue failed. But, Nick and Zander still had fun with the construction paper, scissors, glue and markers.


Sure, the flowers look cute, but they were supposed to have a straw stem that just wouldn't adhere to the pom center with a glue stick. Nick glued his flowers to a piece of paper to make a garden, then used the scraps to build a house next door. Not bad.



Then Mike took Nick on an hourlong bike ride on the third-wheel he pulls behind his bike. The rain stopped for most of the ride, but they both came back looking like wet dogs. Nick was drenched from head to toe and covered in mud splatters to boot.




Since Nick and Mike were already wet I decided to bring Zander out to enjoy the fun. The boys played and splashed in the rain for about 20 minutes before Nick ended the fun with a massive temper tantrum. I think the lack of sleep during his sleepover really got to him.






We ended the day with a trip to the bowling alley (a first) and dinner with friends. Nick and Zander both loved it, though they definitely struggled taking turns. We also had some trouble with the kid-size balls getting stuck behind the lane which slowed down the games and lengthened the time they needed to use their patience.

Look at that form.


Zander spent much of his day right there, throwing a fit because he wanted it to be his turn. It got a little better during the second game (I stopped playing so the cycle was shorter), but he definitely needs to work on some patience. Then again, so do I.


We all had to help Zander get his ball down the alley. He got it stuck in the middle once, but usually I could get just enough on it that it at least made it to the end.


Don't they look like they love each other? Like they get along? It's all a big facade. Seriously, they were at each others throats most of the day.


And then there was little D. He was cracking me up. That kid is a character, but he was really good today!! I think his mom likes to tell me stories about how he is naughty at home so I feel better about my brood.

1 comment:

Janna said...

We were playing in the rain this weekend too! The pics are great!

Thanks so much for you help in my search for a toddler bed.

Did you see my other blog Mommy's Piggy Tales? I think you might enjoy the project. We'll start over again on October 7.

Keep enjoying your summer!