Friday, July 23, 2010

stARTt: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

I'm sure no one is surprised that I am once again going to refer to one of my new favorite bloggers when I talk about the art project we did today! Michelle over at A Mommy's Adventures regularly posts about the stART activities they do at their house. The basic idea --- story + art = a great stART!

What was great for us is that Nick is not a very creative artist. He's very abstract in his art. By giving him something specific to try and draw he did a much better job. We chose the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. Nick LOVES this book and had a great time drawing the wonderful coconut tree.


When he was done with the picture we tried another craft/educational project. I know I found this on someone else's blog too, but it's been so long ago now I can't remember where. Anyway, we cut out 26 construction paper squares. He glued them to a large piece of paper and then together we looked through my old magazines for each letter. I would find one on the page and then give the mag to him so he could search just that one page. We had fun through about K. Maybe we can finish another time.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a great activity to go along with this book. Thank you for linking to stART!!!