I recently came across Camille's blog The Mother Lode. It's fabulous. She's fabulous. And it's where I got the fabulous idea for a car wash (though I think she may have taken it from somewhere else, too). The kids love playing in the water. They love the little pools, the slip n slide and the sand/water table. But, they usually tire of these things after a few minutes in favor of their bikes and other riding toys. With as warm as it has been lately this seemed like a great way to combine the two.
For $25 Mike found all the pieces listed at instructables.com. Mike took the boys out right after breakfast to get working on the project. (Bonus: I got to stay inside and clean without someone following me around messing up what I had just finished.) Of course, I had to sneak outside for some pictures.


As soon as the glue dried Nick and Zander were ready to try it out. Nick knew what it was supposed to do, but Zander had absolutely no idea what to expect.



Once they had both gone through a few times Nick started getting into the whole "car wash" idea. He would stop to pay at the machine ...

... then roll on through.


Even Mike got into the fun! He thinks this will be the perfect cool-down when he comes home from his long Saturday runs.

And he is already talking about going back to get more pieces to make a deluxe wash, but I want to see how long they stay interested in this one first. So far, they are loving it!
3 comments:
That looks awesome. Derrick is already making plans from France on how to do it when we get home!
AWESOME idea!!
I've missed you. Where are you?? :)
Post a Comment