Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My little guy is growing up

Zander may only be 18 months but in so many ways I feel he is so much older. He still can't talk (unless you count the grunts that I have so adeptly learned to decipher), but he is very capable of getting his message across. He is finally starting to get some syllables out (Mm and a point at the refrigerator is milk). But, mostly it is his actions that age him for me. He loves following in his brother's footsteps. If Nick is doing something Zander has to be doing it too. Lately, Nick has been better about letting his brother partake in the fun, but mostly, Nick still thinks Z is too young. I am sure it will get better, only to get worse again. On Sunday, I took him outside so the house would be quiet while Nick and Mike napped on the couch. Even though he was bruised to high heaven I figured I could snap a few pictures. If I liked one enough I planned to beg and plead with someone who knows Photoshop to fix his nose for me. I still haven't got through most of them, but I did find this one --- and the best part is, it doesn't matter what his face looks like!


My baby likes to be the tough guy. Act like he doesn't need me anymore. But in the next frame, he was looking back at me like "Hey mom, you coming?" I think he really just wanted me to chase him because as soon as I headed his direction he took off running and laughing! And when I picked him up, I got the best baby cuddles ever. I'm cherishing those while the boys are still young enough to offer them. I know the days are numbered.




No comments: