Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

What a busy day it has been. Mike finished a 10-mile run this morning while I scrubbed the kitchen and watched the boys. Then he came home and worked on the bathroom (the trim is almost done -- yeah!!!). We ran over to my mom's house with the boys in the costumes after naptime, then it was dinner and trick-or-treating. We weren't out very long, but the boys had a blast. I was so proud of Nick, he actually said trick-or-treat and thank you at every house (he is usually painfully shy). Zander was hamming it up, and since he can't talk much he was doing tricks for his treats, jumping around, waving at everyone and just being generally cute. We made it around our block and the curve, then Zander I am came home. Just a few seconds later Nick showed up. He said he was getting cold and tired and he wanted to help pass out candy, which was fine by me since he can't eat most of the candy anyway (peanut allergy). Unfortunately, I think we had missed most of the kids while we were out walking so he didn't get to pass out much and I have about 4 bags left!!!

The best part about this Halloween -- I didn't have a to spend a penny on the costumes. Nick wore a dress-up police uniform to my mom's house and then decided he wanted to be the fireman for trick-or-treating (another dress-up outfit we bought last year, and his last year's Halloween costume). Zander wore the same octopus costume Nick wore when he was 11 months. It was a little big on Nick and almost too small for Zander, but still so cute.

Locking up daddy!






I know he doesn't look all that happy, but I think the costume is adorable!!