Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkins!

Ok, first off, note that these pictures were taken outside ... in October ... with no coats on!!! It has been a fabulous fall and we took full advantage of the opportunity to take this messy activity outside!

I know that carving pumpkins is an integral part of the Halloween tradition, but I really despise it. Really. And truthfully, the kids aren't that interested either. Nick had fun for about 10 minutes while he scooped out the easy to reach pumpkin guts. Zander barely touched the stuff. Which left us to finish up. Well, Mike anyway. I suck at scraping the goo out of pumpkins and I really don't want a Halloween night fire so I leave that fun job for him.




Zander was so proud of himself!




Nick's fingers turned orange from the goo.


Can you see how surprised Zander is by the pumpkin guts falling from the gourd?










I'm sure this was totally safe. Don't mind the huge knife and my child's head creeping closer to the pumpkin and the blade.


Oh, and I completely forgot to take pictures of the final product. Yeah, it was that kind of day. The kids were long gone by then and I was off corralling when Mike finally finished up. Maybe next year.

No comments: