I took him to the same place I have taken all the other boys for their first cuts. They have a television and ride on toys for the kids to sit on while they are getting trimmed up. It was pretty busy back there (thankfully we knew the other family) so I sat Ben down on the one free chair and tried to get him excited.
He was having none of it. He started crying within seconds. I took a deep breath, picked him up and hoped for the best. This was nowhere near the best. He screamed bloody murder the entire time this poor lady tried to cut his hair. The paci didn't work. The sucker didn't work. The movie didn't work. Nick didn't work. The only thing that worked was the stylist walking away, which she did a couple times simply because she was scared he was going to hyperventilate and pass out.
Thankfully, for posterity's sake, my mom and Jamie were there so she could snap a few pictures that I can torment Ben with in the future.
I'm not laughing at Ben, I'm coping.
This woman was a saint. She just kept on cutting while he screamed. She got a big tip.
Nick came along thinking it would be fun. This is his "What the heck did I get myself into?" face. I can't say I blame him.
He does look much better though. Except for the blotchy, cry-face.
And here he is at home. Much happier. And though he has these weird bald spots right above his ears I still think he looks so much better.
Enjoying a pizza picnic after a traumatic afternoon. My baby is growing up.
1 comment:
The key is giving a sucker to them as soon as they sit down. Who cares if they have 4 by the time they're done!
Post a Comment