We celebrated Zander’s fourth birthday this weekend but I couldn’t let the special day go by without some kind of treat. Unfortunately, my work schedule is still as crazy as ever and I did not get home until pretty late again tonight. So, instead of a special dinner or homemade treat we hit up our favorite ice cream shop. Actually, it’s the only one we can visit because of Nick’s allergy and even then I am probably pushing it. Anywho … I’m just happy for our abnormally warm spring which allowed for an outside ice cream treat as we learned very quickly that the kids are no better at eating cones than they were last summer.
The kids were super excited for the treat even though they had no idea where we were going. All they knew is I promised them they would enjoy it and they got to go in their pajamas (they’d already had baths and I didn’t feel like changing them again, besides, it made it a little more fun).
Nick guessed we were getting ice cream about a block from the shop. Thankfully, that was a good enough surprise to keep them excited. See, Zander was happy.
And then this happened.
That’s Zander’s cone, well, part of it anyway. He was messing around on the bike racks near our table, fell and dropped his cone. He was fine but his cone did not survive. Thankfully, I was able to save the day. Instead of buying another cone I just passed him mine.
All better. Nick was enjoying his cone, too. One would think by six he would be able to eat a cone without losing half of it down his chin and shirt but that just wasn’t happening.
Zander is not any better. I think he had more ice cream on his shirt and the ground than in his belly.
This is technically one of the worst pictures of the night, but I still love it!
And these too.
Look at Benny’s face. He’s cracking me up.
He got to try his first cone, too. I think he liked it, but more on that later.
Then tragedy struck again. Zander lost his second cone of the night.
Then Nick stepped in to save the day. He played the role of the awesome big brother (it doesn’t happen often) and gave the last of his cone to Zander. Why can’t he always be this sweet?
So thankfully the night ended on a high note and we all went home happy!
1 comment:
so cute
Post a Comment