Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tunnel town

About three years ago Mike and I came across these Cranium Super Fort sets at WalMart being clearanced out for like $7 each. We bought three sets. Plus the sports center one. For our then 2- or 3-year-old. (Sadly, I can’t say we’ve learned our lesson about buying stupid/too many toys.) We took them home, opened two sets, built something for Nick and then packed them away, never to be seen again. Until this week. I was cleaning out the storage room behind our house and came across the bags/boxes of tubes and connectors. Perfect. Now, the boys would likely enjoy something that let them build and use their imaginations. Don’t mind that it was three years later.

And they did have fun. The tubes and connectors made forts and rocket ships and this …

tubes1

whatever it is.

tubes2

Unfortunately, the tubes quickly turned into weapons and the boys broke a couple of the orange ones (which have plastic rods inside to stabilize the structure). Their roughhousing also caused the magnet to fall off the end of at least one and sent me into a tizzy. I can’t have magnets (even very weak ones) chilling on the floor where Ben can find them. So, the tubes are back in their bags and waiting for me to take pictures of them to sell on Facebook or at the next garage sale. At least they were cheap.

No comments: