Friday, May 28, 2010

You've come a long way kid

Nick's first few days of preschool were rough. There were a few days I didn't think we would make it through to Christmas break. But, with the help of his great teachers and a Facebook/junior high friend who recommended having him use a transition object every day, he made it through. You might remember this day. He did OK then, but the next day, I had to go to school to help drag him across the hall. No fun. Every day got a little better until finally he said to me "Mom, I'm not going to wave to you out the window. I'll see you after school" and ran off to play with his friends.

Today, on his last day of school, he woke up ready for the day. He smiled when I asked to take a picture to commemorate his first last day. And after school, he was sad that he didn't get to go back after the holiday weekend. I just hope he remembers this next year when he gets a new teacher.


(by the way I think he was saying something about cheeseburgers here)

No comments: