I'm not quite sure why they call these little gatherings "Fun fairs." Personally, I find nothing fun about them. Especially when it's raining. Last year we took Nick to the school's fun fair just to get him used to the building (then I got to worrying that he would think there would always be pony and tractor rides at school). Anyway. This year all the kids were talking about it so of course we had to go. Except it was a rainy day. So they moved everything inside. This school is not that big and when you add silly things like toilet paper toss (literally into an open, but clean, toilet) into the hallway the claustrophobia starts to set in.
Of course Nick had lots of fun. Zander, not so much. I was stuck carrying him because the minute I set him down he either bolted or tried to steal the penny prizes I had to pay $1 for. I guess I should just be happy Nick had fun. Besides, I better get used to these since I am pretty sure I have many more years of "fun" fairs in my future. Yippee.
The tractor ride was both boys favorite (and of course the most expensive) activity. Of course the minute we stepped outside it started raining. Yippee!



No comments:
Post a Comment