Until just recently. Taking the boys out to eat has gotten to be a bit much. They get cranky. They get bored. They get hungry. So we stopped going. But, Nick's incessant begging never ceased. And when we are feeling particularly kind we let him pick the restaurant. His usual picks are McDonalds, Little Ceasars and Carlos O'Kellys. I'm pretty sure the only reason he likes Carlos is because he can fill up on the chips before the meal even gets there. Not the healthiest, but it means we only have to buy one kid's meal! (Yeah, I know, Mother of the Year right here).
The last time we went Nick ditched his meal (a cheese quesadilla) for a little concoction we call the french fry taco. Mike got chicken picado which comes with plain tortillas to make the little burrito. Well, Nick stole a few of those, stuffed them full of french fries and went to town. I figured if he was good and quiet, I wasn't going to argue.


Zander still isn't much of an eater when we go out. But, he's usually pretty good, especially if I get the camera out!

Then again, if this was my view of dinner, maybe I wouldn't be that hungry either.

And look how happy (and skinny) Mike looks. I think Nick took this picture. Figures, he gives him a real smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment