Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So proud

Nick tests my patience almost every day. But then, there are those moments, the ones I just want to scoop him up and smother him with love. This was one of those moments. My friend from work (we'll call her Mary), has been sick and recently had to have a surgery. I went shopping for a care package for her for one night and brought home lots of great treats. Nick noticed the new strawberries in our fridge and his eyes lit up. He wanted them. But, at $6 for 16 oz (or something like that) I told him they were for Mary, so she could feel better. I explained that all these goodies were for my friend who was sick. Fast forward to the next day, I'm packing up her care package and get out the markers to keep the boys busy. Nick sits down and starts coloring and then looks up to me and says: "My picture is for Mary, mommy. Can I put it in her bag?" AWWWW. Made my heart melt. He later explained that the picture is of Roberto, the robot he loves from Dora. Made it even sweeter in my book because he wasn't just scribbling. So that was my proud mommy moment this week.

Nick and Roberto the Robot



Nick working on his masterpiece. Zander was out of there as soon as he saw the camera. He loves to see himself on the little screen.

No comments: