This weekend, while Mike was still working on the bathroom, Nick grabbed his cars and trucks and construction vehicles and parked them in the "garage" under the counter. He would roll them out in the hall so they could work and then park them again when they were done. When Mike got tired of him in the bathroom he moved to the little space underneath the built-in desk in our kitchen. I even cut out a big Goldfish box to give him a "real" garage.
There are some days he sits in his room for an hour or more, door closed, music up way too loud and just plays. I so wish I could be a fly on the wall of that room on those days. I hate opening the door and ruining his fun, but I really want to know what goes on in his little head when no one else is watching.



No comments:
Post a Comment