Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring, glorious spring

For the first time in weeks it was finally nice enough to play outside. Mother Nature was kind enough to tease us with a few 70 degree days a few weeks ago, before sending the temperatures plummeting back into the 40s with wind gusts that would knock over poor Zander. The kids were getting antsy. I was getting antsy. And we were all getting crabby. Today's sunny weather couldn't have come at a better time. Let's just hope it sticks around this time!
We make Nick wear his helmet whenever he gets on his bike, unfortunately, he tends to forget to take it off when he is done riding. So, instead, it looks like we are worried about him getting beaned in the head with a plastic baseball. Then again, if I'm the one pitching that is a very distinct possibility!
Zander is going to be a problem child this summer. He has been walking for a few months now, but is still not super steady on his feet, especially with big clunky tennis shoes on. But, he refuses any help walking or getting on and off his toys. I am just waiting for him to crack his head on the cement. It won't be pretty, but I am not sure I can stop it. Maybe we should get him a helmet, too.

No comments: