Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just for you Mom

I spent much of Sunday morning cleaning the house --- or more specifically Nick and Zander's bedrooms. Zander's wasn't so bad but Nick's was a mess. He likes to get everything out of his toy box and all his books out of his closet and put them into bed with him. When he falls asleep, we take them out of his bed and put them on the floor so as not to wake him. Rinse and repeat --- every night --- for weeks. Everytime my mom comes over she tells Nick he needs to pick up his bedroom. Then we scrapbook and it never gets done. Until this morning. I had had enough. Last night Mike found crayons, pens and pencil lead in bed with Nick. I'm pretty sure it was a new addition to the pile o' crap in his bed, but it wasn't one I wanted to stick around. So I rolled up my sleeves and started cleaning --- with two toddlers nipping at my ankles. It wasn't fun. And for awhile, it wasn't pretty. But, for the first time in weeks I can see Nick's carpet --- and now I remember why I always let his room get so messy. The carpet needs to go and everytime I see it I am reminded of this little fact!

But mom, I am posting this pictures just for you. As proof that at one time, my kids' rooms were clean. I am sure they will be a disaster again before you make it back over here.

No comments: