Sunday, April 5, 2009

Note to self

I am terrible at leaving things out. I know it would be easier to keep my house clean if I just picked up the little things I got out each day and then took 10 minutes each night to clean up the boys' toys. But, I've never been one to clean. My house is in a constant state of chaos --- never really dirty, just always quite cluttered. Today, I may have finally learned my lesson.

I was back on the computer editing some more pictures of cute little Baby Q when Mike yelled for me to come out onto our three seasons porch. There was Nick, happily playing away with all the clipper combs I used to cut his and his dad's hair yesterday. Then Mike showed me why he had actually called me out there --- Nick had taken the small shaver to his head and cut a nice swath of hair in the process. I guess I should just be thankful he didn't lose any eyebrows or somehow find a way to draw blood. After explaining to Nick why he could NEVER touch the clippers again Mike and I decided we were going to have to cut his hair down pretty short to try and cover his handiwork. It doesn't look too bad from the front, but unfortunately, most people are still taller than him and will be able to see the line on the top of his head.

It's times like this I am glad to have a boy though. We could shave him bald and no one would really think much about it. Do that to a girl and you might get some funny looks.
The hair shavings on Nick's forehead were Mike's first clue that something was amiss.
Then he saw the top of Nick's head.

Then he (kind of) fixed it.

Nick still doesn't know just how silly he looks --- and for once it has nothing to do with that crazy grin.

No comments: