Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Curious Chef

Mike is running a race in Des Moines on Nick's birthday weekend so we are doing all we can this weekend to make up for not being around that day (not that he won't have a blast at the hotel we chose). But, still, there was a little guilt on my part. So today I signed Nick up for a Curious Chef event at the local book store. He's really into helping in the kitchen and I thought he would have fun doing something with just the two of us.

He was a little shy when we first got there, but I think that had more to do with him being tired than anything else. Mike let him stay up too late last night and then Zander woke him up too early today. Not a good combo. But, once they pulled out the food he was ready.

First they got to cut fruit for a fruit salad cup. Then they frosted and sprinkled cupcakes and then they got to make root beer floats --- all in the hour before lunch.


Nick liked making his root beer float, but he wasn't a huge fan of actually eating it.



He was much more interested in the cupcake!


And so what did we do after eating all of that? Why, go to lunch of course. Nick loves Carlos O'Kelleys so we stopped in for a quick bite before heading home. I think he about fell asleep in the booth (well when he wasn't being silly).

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I love doing that type of stuff with Tyler. I think it means more to them then we even know!