Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy (early) birthday Nick!

Nick's birthday isn't until next weekend, but since we will be out of town we decided to invite the fam over today for a little party! BIG SURPRISE --- Nick chose a Toy Story theme. Actually I had been beginning to think he was over the whole Toy Story thing, but apparently I was wrong. Good thing since one of the first presents he opened was ...


Toy Story 3 (Yeah, we've watched it at least 453 times since then). He was also blessed with lots of new Legos.


A Nerf gun (which thankfully he isn't strong enough to fire very quickly -- those little suckers hurt).


And a whole bunch of other fun things (like art supplies, clothes and books). When all the presents were open we asked Nick what he thought. He was very happy with everything and graciously said thank you to all the guests. He didn't even notice that the one toy he had asked for, the LEGO fire station, wasn't among his stash. He seemed a little sad, but said "Oh well, maybe I will get it for Christmas." REALLY????? That's it? Don't get me wrong, I was happy to have such a gracious child, but I was hoping for a little something (I had the darn thing wrapped and waiting in the basement -- you know, like in Toy Story 1). So, feeling a bit dejected, I went downstairs and got it for him. Thankfully, his reaction when he actually opened the fire station was much more appropriate!




Of course he had to start working on it right away, though I think my sister's and dad's help only hindered his progress. This kid is a LEGO machine!


And no birthday would be complete without my dad sticking some curling ribbon to his head!


When all the present were opened we ate cake! Nick didn't like it when everyone sang Happy Birthday -- suddenly his ears were very delicate --- but he sure loved the brownies with chocolate frosting (his choice since we can't do store-bought cakes).

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Nick!

I have a feeling we'll be having a Toy Story party in March