Our first Easter celebration was a bit less Easter-y than we are accustomed to. Zander has been sick for the last few days and sleeping on the couch. This meant the Easter Bunny was only able to make a quick stop at our house to drop off the boys’ baskets before hitting the road again. I managed to leave a message for the furry creature and he promised to come back next weekend when everyone was feeling a bit better.
Zander is always so much fun when new toys are involved. The bunny left him a Rescue Bots Optimus Prime (the kid-friendly version of the real Transformer) and he was in heaven playing with his new guy.
Earlier in the week we had decided that we would not be joining the rest of the family for Easter dinner, just in case any of us were carrying whatever Zander had. So, by the time Sunday rolled around Zander was feeling better and we were all a little antsy to get out of the house. So, we ventured out on the town to see what might be open on this holiday. Obviously I wasn’t nearly as concerned with infecting the rest of the world as I was with getting my own family sick.
We found Fazolis, the boys’ favorite place to eat, was happy to serve those without anywhere else to go. And that would be us.
After Fazolis we headed to Menards for some things we needed for the bathroom remodel project and then to Toys R Us so Zander could spend his birthday money. I wasn’t surprised he headed straight for the Rescue Bots and picked up two more to join Optimus at home. After our errands we came home, the boys played and watched movies and Mike and I tried to get a little bit of the bathroom project knocked out. It’s slow going, but I have hope that we will finish it someday.
In all, it wasn’t the Easter I had imagined, but it wasn’t a bad one either. And now, we just get to do it all next weekend instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment