Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy 100 days

It is crazy to think that Nick has been in kindergarten for 100 days! His teacher sent home the reminder letter a few weeks ago so we could start thinking about what 100-item collection Nick wanted to bring to school for the celebration. I was at a loss. I’ve learned very quickly this year that all my craftiness and good ideas were left in the delivery room after having Ben. My brain is mush. So we thought and thought and though and finally decided he would take silly bands. So Nick sat down one night and counted 10 sets of 10 silly bands, put them in a baggy and called it good.

And that was when it hit me. Duh. What does my kid have more of than anything else in this world? That’s right, LEGOS. Why didn’t I think of it sooner. So while I was at a meeting one night Mike and Nick made 10 nice towers (or maybe it was 5) of LEGOS in preparation for the day.

And then I was struck with another brilliant idea. Why not use those LEGOS to make something instead of just leaving them in towers. So he did. And this is what he came up with.

100days

Pretty impressive, right? He swapped out one stack of LEGOS for a bunch of little guys and added the ball. OK, so maybe it was 102 LEGOS (the ball and green board weren’t counted I don’t think) but still, I give the kid credit for his imagination. (NOTE: They left their collections at school. I saw them all at conferences. Next time, we are taking the silly bands or leaving the LEGOS in towers).

He came home from school with this Froot Loop necklace. I can only begin to imagine how many disgusting little hands touched each of those loops, but Nick ate the entire necklace anyway. I’m guessing it’s not the worst thing he’s had in his life.

Nick6

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Great thinking! I'm heading to Pinterest next year, haha!