Sunday, February 13, 2011

Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue desperately needed when helping a 5-year-old meticulously address more than 30 Valentine's Day cards for his preschool and daycare class. Nick can sign his name (though the N is often backwards) and he can usually write most other letters if he has something to copy. But, he loses interest quickly. And I lose my patience when he loses interest because that means even the letters he knows well are turned around and written wrong. I know, he's 5. I shouldn't expect the moon. But, sometimes I slip. A lot.

In all, he actually did really well when all was said and done. And I give the kid credit for slogging through all the cards in one day. It's a tough job for anyone, but especially a 5 year old. Maybe next year I will remember to get started on them a little sooner so we don't have to cram everything into one Sunday. Oh, and we completely forgot to do cards for his teachers. What sort of Valentine's day package doesn't include special cards for the teachers?




Oh, and Zander couldn't be left out. He had to write some Valentine's for his special daycare friends too.