The snow around our house doesn't look that high, unless you are two. Then, they nearly swallow you up when you try to get from the front to the back of the house. Mike and Nick made the trek around the house without much problem. After a couple problems with ice dams Mike has worked diligently to keep our roof free from snow and ice, even if it means lots of extra roof raking and shoveling.

Zander wanted to join his dad and brother in the backyard. He lost his glove (and we nearly lost him in a snowbank) in the process.

But, it was big brother to the rescue. Nick came back to try and help the little guy through the drifts. They both fell down a couple times. I saw it all. And just kept taking pictures. I know, I know, Mother of the Year right here.

Unfortunately Zander never made it to the backyard. Mike finished working in the back before his little legs could carry him all the way around the yard. But, the boys had fun in the front of the house too. They "helped" Mike shovel the driveway.


They fell down a couple times.

And then Mike attacked Nick with a shovelful of snow. In his defense Nick had been throwing snow at him, though I think one has a little better aim than the other. I'll let you figure out who won this battle.

Back inside the boys actually played well for most of the morning. It's amazing how good they can be when they are left to play alone (as in not with each other). Nick played on the computer (big surprise, I know).

Zander played with Play-doh. Another shocker. But, at least it was new Play-doh. He got this from Mema for Christmas and we had yet to get it out and put the batteries in. Yes, even Play-doh requires batteries these days. Oh, and for the record, my kitchen walls are not that hideous shade of mint green. I don't know what happened to these pics, but that is just plain embarrassing.


And when Nick finally tired of the computer he threw the infamous "I'm bored" my way. Sound familiar mom? He's definitely my child. So I told him to go play school in his bedroom. This is what I found about 20 minutes later.

I love that kid's imagination -- it's just a matter of convincing him to use it!
No comments:
Post a Comment