Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just like dad

Mike has been working out regularly since the beginning of January (I am so proud of how well he is doing and how excited he still seems to be about getting up early every morning to work out). We recently went out and got him some new clothes to work out in, including this Under Armour head band. Today was a bust at the gym (it's a 24 hour place, his key didn't work at this location and the staff never showed up), so he came home to ride the bike instead. This meant the head band didn't get used so Nick stole it instead. Again, I know these pictures aren't technically perfect, but a) I still like them and b) I won't ever figure out how to shoot with the lens wide open if I don't practice (really, what's the point of offering 1.4 if you can only get a tiny piece of the picture in focus at that f-stop?). Anyway, here is what I got today. And yes, the two upside down pictures were taken that way. I turned them around in photoshop and they just looked funny.







All shot at:
ISO 1600
SS 1/125
f/2.8

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the upside down shots!!! So cute!
Cari

Anonymous said...

the upside down last one is so cute!
tara

Alicia Barry said...

Great expression on that second one.

Anonymous said...

Love the expressions.

Angela2932 said...

These are really cute! I love the upside down ones, and probably would love them just as much even if they were rotated 180 degrees!

Kari said...

What a little ham! so cute!

Tera Fraley said...

Great headband, I like the upside down ones!! Neat idea

For Over 29 Years... said...

so cute, love the headband.

Amy said...

So cute, that last one is adorable!

Stacey said...

How cute!

Stacey said...

Very cute. I like the last upside down shot!

Anonymous said...

I just love the perspective on the last one! Totally fun.

Sara said...

Fun pictures!
WTG, keep practicing with that lens wide open. You'll get it, I know you will.

Becky said...

I agree--they need to stay upside down! They're cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute expressions he looks like he is ready to work out

Unknown said...

That is so cute... He looks like a grown up working out! tfs.

Suzy said...

The upside down shots are adorable! I like his hat to! Very cute shots!

Suzy said...

Well maybe it's not called a hat.. But bandana thingy - whatever it is lol.. I see those are coming back in style these days.

Bobbi said...

These are so cute, I love the upside down shot- very boyish.