Monday, February 25, 2008

Why am I sharing these?

I have not documented this pregnancy at all. With Nick, I had pictures at least avery four weeks; this time, I have maybe two sets of belly pictures. I don't look any different, I just didn't do it this time around. But, this weekend I got up the guts to try maternity photos. I have yet to justify the costs of a professional studio for photos like this, so I thought we would just have some fun with it at home. Ok, so fun might be a little bit of a strong word --- how about we thought we would try it. Mike was kind enough to give up his usual playtime during our son's nap to help me out. I set up the shots, showed him how to run the camera and hoped for the best (for both of us). I am NOT a photogenic person and am not comfortable in front of the camera. However, I find myself sharing these here -- go figure. I know the backdrop is wrinkly, but I didn't have time to mess around a lot with PS and I'm not very good at that part anyway. I only have time to upload a couple today, so don't be surprised if you see a few more as I continue to work my way through them.


ISO 800
SS 1/125
f/4.0



ISO 1600
SS 1/125
f/5.0

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be happy you have these! I don't have any with either of mine and I regret it!
Cari

Sarah Phipps said...

I think those are very nice. I am sure you will appreciate them when you look back.

C said...

Awww, that last one is sweet.

lcp said...

I think it is great that you did this! I'm not one to do it myself either. I love the second shot - so sweet!!!

Debbi said...

I think these are so wonderful! I regret not taking any when I was pregnant - you'll be so thankful you have them!

Becky said...

I also have more pics of my first pregnancy than my second (we're busy being mommas when we're pregnant the second time, right?) and no bare belly pics at all (which is probably a good thing in my case). I think these turned out nice! How much longer do you have?

Mom2Drew said...

You'll love them, I wish I had some. Cute belly.

Anonymous said...

look at that cute bellY!
i haven't looked at my prego photos in years! i should dig mine OUT!
so cute!
tara

Amy said...

You did really nice on these! The second one is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. You will be glad you took the time to get these shots.

Shawna said...

These are really good!! Way better than my attempt at a "self maternity portrait session"! I love the 2nd one, so sweet!

Mandy said...

So beautiful. I really love the first one...perfect belly!

Danielle said...

These are very nice and I really don't mind the wrinkled background.

Jen said...

Nice!

Farrah Jobling said...

ahhh...you look great! I love the second one with your ds kissing your belly.

Bobbi said...

I think they looks great! You will love to have these later. I didn't do any pictures with my first pregnancy and regret it now.

Unknown said...

These are great maternity captures.. tfs. toni

Suzy said...

I think you are going to be so happy that you have these! And they're are just beautiful!

Unknown said...

That second one is so touching!