Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Friendly Meeple

A woman I know from work and her husband are board game aficionados. But, they aren't fans of the games we are used to like Monopoly or Clue or Uno. They like Eurogames with funny names like Carcassonne and Agricola. They own a ton of them and like to share their love for games through monthly get-togethers called The Friendly Meeple (a reference to the playing pieces in Carcassonne. We've been talking about going to a game day or night since they started almost a year ago but just never really found a time that worked until today. I think we will now be staples. The boys loved playing new games, and I loved that it was free and family-friendly. The big boys played several new games (I even joined them for Ticket to Ride, which we went out and bought on our way home that night) and Ben even found a new game that he enjoyed.



No comments: