Friday, June 17, 2016

Camp Invention


This kid loves him some science. If you ask him what he wants to be when grows up he will usually say a scientist (sometimes he says artist, sometimes both). This year he asked if he could go to Camp Invention. When I asked him why he wanted to go he said "Because I think it will help me be a scientist when I grow up." How do you say no to that?

I don't know what all he did during the week, but he came home every day grinning from ear to ear and chatting away about everything he was learning and the things he got to take apart and look inside (a keyboard, labelmaker and some hard drives). On the last day they had a little scientist expo where we were supposed to see all his inventions from the week. Unfortunately, one kid from each group got to take home the invention, and they didn't necessarily have to wait until everyone had the chance to look so we didn't get to see everything. We did get to see this, though, a tree house for Adventure Park. He's already talking about next year. I can't wait to see what he comes up with then!

No comments: