Sunday, February 23, 2014

GF baking

Mike has been itching to use the new KitchenAid, but honestly gluten-free baking still scares the crap out of me. Too many flours and ingredients and no guarantee that it will even be edible, let alone taste good. So, today at the grocery store, I splurged on a Betty Crocker GF brownie mix (at $5 a box, for an 8x8 pan, this will definitely not be a regular occurrence) just so Mike could play.

cookies1

I’m still not sold on the mixer (it kind of means I have to cook from scratch) but I’m guessing the day will come when I am ready for that.

cookies2

Until then, the kids seemed to think the GF batter was just as good as the original. The brownies weren’t too bad either.

cookies3

cookies4

cookies5

cookies6

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Great photos. Why do you have to be gluten free too?