Monday, June 10, 2013

Take me out to the ball game

It’s back to the ball field for the Christensen crew – but this time it’s a whole new experience. Nick is in his first season of coach pitch baseball – and his coaches are amazing. All five of them live and breathe ball and one even has minor league experience. And there are five of them! Usually you get one dad and a teenager to help out. When they do throwing drills there is a coach for every pair. It’s great! Nick still needs some work on his attention span (he’s easily distracted) and his stance (he stands with his knees together while waiting to field a ball) but when he connects with the ball he can really send it flying. Speaking of flying – he’s even caught two pop flies! His throwing is getting better every game, though they can still go a little wild sometimes. It will be interesting to see what happens when they actually play a game – with outs and everything. I’ve never liked baseball before, but I’m thinking I might need to start. This could end up being his sport.

ball10

ball2

ball1

He was standing at the fence waiting to bat when I managed to get these next two shots. The dang red on his shirt is reflecting something crazy on his face, but I love that smile! I don’t see it nearly enough anymore.

ball4

ball5

ball3

And of course we have to keep the other two entertained as well. We bring toys and let them have some play time at the park.

ball6

ball8

He’s practicing his Power Rangers balancing skills. Whatever keeps him entertained!

ball9

Oh, and this is what happens when the spoiled baby gets sleepy after a night at the ball field.

sleepy

No comments: