That little summer cough turned out to be bronchitis. After another sleepless night I decided to take Zander in to the weekend clinic. My plan was to have them tell me it was a cough, that they couldn’t do anything about it and then beg for a prescription cough medicine (it’s helped some in the past). I was admittedly quite surprised when the doc said he had bronchitis … and an ear infection. So it’s an antibiotic, oral prednisone and breathing treatments for this little cutie. His pediatrician keeps talking about the possibility of asthma (a diagnosis he won’t make until Zander is able to effectively complete the breathing test ~ likely about 7). The more times I hear bronchitis the more I think the diagnosis is inevitable. Thankfully it doesn’t seem to bother him much except when he gets these coughs. He just gets them quite a bit.
1 comment:
Poor guy. I always had bronchitis growing up. It sucks.
Post a Comment