I noticed Zander had little bumps all over his arms and torso when he got out of the bath the other night. I instantly thought of eczema, but since the bumps didn’t itch I figured I was probably wrong. While at the doctor for Ben’s check-up I asked our pediatrician about what they might be and he said it was probably keratosis pilaris which is also known as chicken skin. I went home, Googled it and decided I had one pretty smart pediatrician. We are trying to remember to put lotion on his upper body every night, but since the bumps don’t bother him it is sometimes hard to remember.
Nick also has some of these bumps, but given his history with asthma and allergies I’m not confident that his aren’t eczema. We will have to keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t get worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment