Monday, October 6, 2008

So...it's been a little while

Obviously, I have been really bad about updating this thing! In my defense, life has been crazy around here --- Mike has been traveling a bunch, work has been crazy and the boys are keeping me so busy.

Nick is almost 3 now and has such an attitude on him. He's smart as can be, and sometimes, that's not a good thing. Zander is just days away from crawling. He's been army crawling for weeks (closer to months now) and is up on all fours rocking. Mike swears he crawled a little tonight, but since I didn't see it I say it didn't happen. :)

Anyway, I had a work assignment at the tallgrass prairie on the University of Northern Iowa campus this afternoon and absolutely fell in love with the place. It's what I have been looking for since I started taking pictures. I can't wait to go back next spring and summer to see what it looks like then. I've been wanting to get some 6 month photos of Zander (since he is now approaching 7 months), but just haven't been very motivated. So, this afternoon, I went out and bought the boys some new clothes and shoes and made Mike pick up McDonalds on the way home from work so we could head out there. It was nearly 6 by the time we got there and daylight was fading fast. I got about 25 minutes of decent photo light in and then we just walked around and let Nick see the creek that runs behind the prairie. I am hoping we have at least a few more nice weekends so we can go back out with good light and try this again. But, even if we don't, I have at least a few decent shots. They are by no means by best, but they will definitely do (hey, they beat Wal-Mart).

So, without further ado ... here they are:







Mike showed Nick the cotton/dandelion bulbs and he kept trying to blow them into the air. Unfortunately for him, he had a problem with blowing and instead ended up sucking in just as much as he blew! Maybe that's something to work on for next year.


And just because I can --- Nick cannot fall asleep without dragging half his room into bed with him. This is just proof (and blackmail) for later!

No comments: