For the first time ever we decided to partake in a community Easter egg hunt. Now I remember why we don’t usually do these kind of things. They always seem to oversell the fun, and Nick can’t eat any of the haul. The Y offered a little fun zone and egg hunt tonight from 5-7 so we packed up the kids to go. Unfortunately, their advertising was a little incomplete. We got there right at 5 only to find out the actual egg hunt didn’t start until 6:30. Sure, there were little games, crafts, and snacks (Gross – cookies Nick couldn’t eat – the kids got to decorate their own and it was quite disgusting thinking about everything floating around in those cans of frosting. Made me glad we couldn’t partake), but not enough to keep my boys busy for an hour and a half.
The boys each tried to roll a plastic egg down the gym floor with their noses. I guess that’s fun.
I didn’t take pictures of the “Grand Prize Game” (Bozo-style), mostly because I was too busy trying to keep Zander from taking out somebody with a plastic egg and melting down when he didn’t make it in the last bucket. We stretched it out as much as we could (Nick pouted his way through some of it), and then FINALLY headed outside at 6:30. The big boys lined up in one area, Ben got to head off to the small kids playground for his own hunt. He found his daycare friend Chloe and then the chaos began.
You see, I think that during a kids Easter egg hunt the kids should find the eggs. Not all parents feel this way. It’s quite annoying. The boys each got a few jelly bean-filled eggs, and we went to McDonalds for dinner. Yep, we won’t be doing this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment