I have been waiting for this for years. Nick has to read at least 15 minutes every night for school. Sometimes, the book he brings home to read takes him 15 minutes or more. Sometimes it doesn't. When I am busy, and he has finished his book fast enough, I let him read quietly to himself to round out the minutes. Tonight, he read to Zander instead. Not all the words were right, but this mama certainly wasn't going to correct him. For starters, the boys were sitting quietly while I finished cleaning up after dinner. But, more importantly, they were getting along and anymore, that doesn't happen very much in our house. I cherish these rare moments and can only hope they continue as the boys grow older.
Friday, May 3, 2013
A quiet moment
I have been waiting for this for years. Nick has to read at least 15 minutes every night for school. Sometimes, the book he brings home to read takes him 15 minutes or more. Sometimes it doesn't. When I am busy, and he has finished his book fast enough, I let him read quietly to himself to round out the minutes. Tonight, he read to Zander instead. Not all the words were right, but this mama certainly wasn't going to correct him. For starters, the boys were sitting quietly while I finished cleaning up after dinner. But, more importantly, they were getting along and anymore, that doesn't happen very much in our house. I cherish these rare moments and can only hope they continue as the boys grow older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute. Tyler will do this with Ashlee sometimes...she doesn't have a clue if he's actually reading to telling a story by the pictures
Post a Comment