Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy birthday hibachi

My sister celebrated her 15th birthday (with family) at a local hibachi grill restaurant. Normally, I would have either declined the invitation or left Mike home with the boys and attended by myself. But, the boys have been better at trying new foods (to an extent) and I figured they would at least enjoy the show and the rice and/or noodles. For once I was right on both accounts.

Though the show left something to be desired the boys were still impressed with the giant flames and lightning-speed knife skills. Unfortunately, I was not having a good camera night and my pictures have also left something to be desired.

 photo hibachi2.jpg

Nick leaned back right as I snapped this picture so you can't see him taking cover on the other side of my mom.

 photo hibachi1.jpg

I think the rest of my family enjoyed watching the boys' reactions as much as I did.

 photo hibachi6.jpg

 photo hibachi5.jpg

And of course Ben was fascinated with the show.

 photo hibachi4.jpg

 photo hibachi3.jpg

The biggest win, though, was that both Nick and Zander ate their food. Nick more than Zander, as per usual, but Zander even gobbled up enough that I would be willing to take him back (if for no other reason than to see a better show).

Hibachi Feb. 1 photo hibachi7.jpg


No comments: