Monday, July 2, 2012

Best. Day. Ever.

It was hot outside. Again. Like 95 with a heat index over 100 and heat advisories hot. But when we got home from work/daycare Nick’s friends were outside playing in the water so of course the boys wanted to join them. It was too hot to argue so I sent them in for their trunks. Twenty minutes later I was staring down the sloppy end of water/mud slide.

mud6Yuck.

 mud1

That’s what he said, too.

mud5

mud4

But, not these guys. They loved every second of it. They even rigged up the hose so it would continue to spray the slide without anyone manning the spout.

mud2

I wish I could see that kind of excitement from Nick more often. He’s such a serious child sometimes. Crazy, but serious. Is that even possible?

mud3

As if the mud slide wasn’t enough, this crazy cool mama let the boys take a bath … and paint with colored shaving cream. See Zander’s belly and that little bit of the tub? The whole tub and both of their bodies looked like that in less than 15 minutes.

paint2

Including their faces. Meet the Incredible Hulk.

paint3

And Crazy Smurf.

paint4

Is it bad that the best picture I have of the two of them together they are naked and covered in colored shaving cream. Would it be wrong of me to print this out and hang it on the wall? These are some of the best simultaneous smiles I’ve ever got from these two clowns.

paint1

And, as if that wasn’t enough, we topped off the night with ice cream sundaes. Yep, it was officially the best day ever, or at least for this week.

ic1

ic2

1 comment:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Looks like fun. My kids would never do these activities - they hate getting dirty