The boys love having friends over, but it’s rare that they get to have a play date, let alone an extended play date. Today, though, they got six fun-filled hours with their buddy Dalton. His parents had some stuff to take care of with their littlest guy and my boys entertained Dalton to help give them a break. I think I can say that a loud good time was had by all.
The Day with Dalton (it was almost like a holiday) started about 11:30 with some inside play.
Then it was lunchtime (four different lunches for four different boys) …
and off to play outside while Ben took a nap. I figured it was the best way to ensure he actually got a nap.
Then it was back inside to cool down and have a snack. I made each of the boys individual microwave cupcakes and, as an extra special treat, gave them some ice cream (I said it was like a holiday).
Then, I did the unthinkable. I took four boys, all 6 and under, to the library. We had movies that were due and the boys still needed to check in this week for the summer reading program. I figured it couldn’t be too bad, right?
RIGHT!
The boys were awesome! They did the craft (a clip-on bat) …
… pretended to be superhero housekeepers …![]()
… and just chillaxed in the stroller.
I still had an hour or so left with the whole crew when we got home so we headed back outside for some fun in the water.
Then the thunder started rumbling and the boys got a little scared. So we cleaned up the yard and headed inside to dry off.
But, when my camera flash went off while taking the photo above the boys got a little crazy. They thought the flash looked like lightning and proceeded to run around yelling screaming (they still have such high pitched voices at this age) while I snapped more pictures.
And when I ran out of memory on my card, I used the test button on my flash to set off a strobe like light that really caused them to go crazy. That might be why Dalton pulled out his zombie face.
Just 30 minutes after Dalton left Nick asked if he could come over again sometime. But, next time, he said, “can he stay for longer? He was only here for a little bit.” Umm … we’ll have to see about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment