Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kindergarten concert

I was so excited that Nick finally had a concert at school. And even better – it was just the kindergartners! It’s not that I don’t like listening to other children sing out-of-tune. It’s just that if I had my choice I would only listen to mine. Horrible. Maybe. Honest. Always.

So, the short spring concert was filled with cute little songs (including a poem about bird poop and being glad that cows can’t fly) and happy little kids. Like this one. That cute little (and I do mean little) girl in brown is our neighbor. She smiled through the whole program.

concert2

Then there was my kid. He looked like he’d rather be learning sight words. And he hates learning to read. This was the closest I got to a smile through the whole thing. Then again, looking at this picture maybe it’s a boy thing. Only the little guy in the Hawkeye shirt is smiling.

concert3

And here is the whole group. All three kindergarten classes, minus a few kids on the left that even my wide angle lens wasn’t wide enough to capture.

concert1

1 comment: