Monday, April 14, 2008

Potty time

Two kids in diapers is absolutely no fun. So...this weekend we decided to get Nick started potty training. We have been talking about it for ages, but with the baby coming decided to wait even though Nick was showing some interest. I am beginning to think I am crazy trying to potty train a 2 year old and take care of a newborn, but so far so good.


Day 1 went off without much of a hitch (but we only really worked at it for about 4 hours). We didn't have enough underwear yet so we had to make a quick Wal-Mart run for more and then we got started in earnest after Nick's nap. He had one little accident, but otherwise did fabulous. He is telling us when he has to go (and when he doesn't), but I figure that is better than us having to ask him every 30 minutes. And will wonders never cease --- he even pooped on the toilet by the end of the day. If the rest of this goes as good as Sunday, we will have a potty trained little guy in no time --- though I am still dreading naps and nighttime.


Today he is at the baby-sitters so we will see how he does there. I'm sharing a picture from one of his many bathroom trips today, and tonight I hope to get one of his potty face. When he actually goes on the potty he will run out to whoever isn't in the bathroom with him to share the good news. The excitement on his face is priceless --- though I doubt it has much to do with going to the bathroom and more to do with the fact that he knows he gets some Smarties when he does! Hey, I'm not above a little bribery if it means no more diapers. The kid is already in a size six. If we don't get him trained soon he'll be wearing adult diapers before we know it! I took a few of his excited face last night, but they are very blurry because I wasn't ready with the camera (bad mommy). Don't mind the crappy picture. Our bathroom is long and skinny with a door between the tub/toilet area and sink area. Not real good for picture taking.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on his big accomplishment, and yours! I'm not a baby photographer, so I'll leave the CC to others, but I just wanted to say how beautiful both boys are. I really like that lime background!

Jess said...

YAY NICK! What a big boy!